Creating inspired leaders
for our changing world
BACPS is a COLLEGE PREPARATORY SCHOOL that provides an interdisciplinary curriculum with enriched experiences in HEALTH SCIENCES. We commit to providing a culture that results in high-achieving students with the character, habits of scholarship and ethical foundation to be inspired leaders in our changing world.
WE DEVELOP HABITS OF CHARACTER
Character and life habits are essential to our students being successful in college and in life.
- Teamwork/Collaboration – develop the skills and habits associated with being effective team players, learning and appreciating the many roles, functions, and dynamics of a team.
- Empathy/Compassion – connect to people and the environment, enhance understanding of the world around us, and make connections between personal, community and global issues.
- Responsibility – encompass ethical and moral principles to guide a sense of duty when faced with difficult and ambiguous decisions.
- Wellness – create healthy habits around eating, exercise and medical care through school structures, rituals, traditions and ceremonies.
WE DEVELOP HABITS OF SCHOLARSHIP
In tandem with developing habits of character, strong scholarly habits and standards are important components in ensuring academic progress and student achievement. Students will:
- come to class on-time, prepared and ready to learn.
- be open to trying new things and challenging themselves.
- use class time effectively.
- contribute positively to the class.
- learn from feedback, using it to identify areas of strength and weakness in order to take action to make improvements.
- provide helpful and respectful feedback to others.
- use appropriate resources to solve problems.
- meet deadlines and established criteria.
WE FOSTER ENRICHED ACADEMIC AND COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Baystate Medical Center
- Local community colleges with accredited health
or allied professional schools
- Other public four-year colleges
OUR CURRICULUM IS INTER-DISCIPLINARY
Through an interdisciplinary curriculum and a strong foundation in math and science, students are prepared to pursue studies in a college or university that offer extensive and varied career opportunities within the healthcare industry.
- All students participate in student-led, hands-on expeditions.
WE CONNECT OUR LEARNING TO HEALTH SCIENCES
We provide specialized biomedical science courses through PROJECT LEAD THE WAY (PLTW), designed to introduce students to health career opportunities.
Students can take AP courses and exams and have the opportunity to earn college credit.
Students work with the same tools and equipment used by the professionals in hospitals and labs.
Together, students engage in compelling, hands-on activities to find solutions to problems.
WE GET OUR STUDENTS FIRMLY ON THE ROAD TO COLLEGE AND SUCCESS
By nurturing students’ curiosity and developing their creativity, problem-solving and critical thinking skills, we prepare students for college and success.
- Students are exposed to college-preparatory work in 9th and 10th grade.
- Students in 11th and 12th grade take college-level courses at either HCC and/or STCC and earn credit toward high school completion and their future college degrees.
- Every student visits at least one college or university annually, starting in grade 6.
2022 - 2023 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
These dedicated community leaders are passionate about education. BACPS Board of Trustees includes members from all areas of the community with various levels of expertise. Community members represent their groups as voting members on the Board and help to govern our operations. The Board is responsible for policy, oversight of finance including budget, and supervision of the Executive Director to make sure they are carrying out the mission and vision of the school.
- Jennifer Hixon, DHSc, PA-C – President
- Martha Anderson – 1st Vice President
- Peter Blaine – 2nd Vice President
- Rebecca Connolly, CPA – Treasurer
- Caitlin Castillo – Secretary
- Gilberto Amador – Member
- Roberto Nieves – Member
- Stephanie Logan, Ph.D. – Member
- Paul Hyry-Dermith, Ph.D. – Member
- Frank Robinson, Ph.D. – Member
- Lisa DeSousa, Esq – Member
- For information on Board meeting or Committee meeting dates/times click here.
BUSINESS SUPPORTERS AND CORPORATE SPONSORS
John and Robyn Davis
PUBLIC RECORDS AND FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUESTS
In accordance with “An Act to Improve Public Records,” Chapter 121 of the Acts of 2016, Baystate Academy Charter Public School has provided the following information in compliance with the new act effective January 1, 2017:
Custodian of Records and Records Access Officer (RAO): Allison Touchette, Chief of Operations
Baystate Academy Charter Public School requests that all Public Records and Freedom of Information requests be in writing. Requests can be submitted via email or USPS:
RAO: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
c/o Isabel Cartagena
our students need your help
In order to provide excellent programs and services to our students we need your help! Please consider a donation to support the growing needs of the students at Baystate Academy Charter Public School. Your contribution may be tax deductible for federal income tax purposes.
You can donate by check.
Make checks payable to Baystate Academy Charter Public School and mail to:
2001 Rosevelt Avenue
Springfield, MA 01104
Securely donate online with PayPal.
2001 Roosevelt Ave Springfield, MA 01104
Phone: (413) 366-5100 | Fax: (413) 366-5101
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.